The Department of Geology and Geological Engineering at a glance:
- Geology and Geological Engineering Department Policies - Alcohol and Illegal Drug, Code of Conduct, Field Trip
- Ranked in the top 25 Geoscience Departments by U.S. News and World Report.
- 17 academic faculty members and lecturers, two teaching faculty, 12 research faculty, and five support staff.
- Total research budget of $4M from government and industry research contracts.
- Three large research centers.
- Cutting-edge laboratory infrastructure.
- 150 undergraduate and over 200 graduate students.
- The Geological Engineering Program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET), http://www.abet.org.
- High placement rates of graduates in industry, academia, and government.
- Very loyal alumni and supporters - they donated over $1M to the Department in 2012.
- Worldwide collaborations with research institutes and universities.
- Research partnerships with the U.S. Geological Survey and the Colorado Geological Survey.
- One of the best geology museums in the country.
- The most comprehensive ore deposits collection in any U.S. educational institution.
- A geology trail on campus, which includes a National Park Service designated fossil area.