Timothy A. Cross
Emeritus Associate Professor, Geology and Geological Engineering
- B.S. 1967, Oberlin College
- M.S., 1969, University of Michigan
- Ph.D., 1976, University of Southern California
- stratigraphy, sedimentology, petroleum geology, tectonics of western North America
- Correlation concepts and methods in a variety of environments. Changes in facies associations, successions and diversity as a function of changes in A/S. Stratigraphic inversion and stratigraphic prediction. Currently working mostly on fluvial, coastal plain, shoreface and tidal deposits in China, Colombia and Ecuador. Previous concentration on tidal deposits, North Sea.