L. Graham Closs
Emeritus Associate Professor
- PhD (Geological Sciences): Queen’s University (Canada), 1973
- M.S. (Geology): University of Vermont, 1970
- A.B. (Geology): Colgate University, 1967
- Exploration geochemistry
- Economic geology
- Geological data analysis applied to problems in mineral resource exploration and development
Current Research Projects
- Menendez, F. A. and Closs, L. G., 1998. Geochemical Exploration for Gold in the Choco 6 Concession, Bolivar State, Venezuela (Abst.). SME Annual Mtg. (Orlando). Program and Abstracts Volume: Oral Presentation.
- Closs, L. G., 1997. Exploration Geochemistry: Expanding contributions to mineral resource development (Keynote Presentation). in Gubins, A. G. (Ed.), Proceedings of Exploration 97: Fourth Decennial International Conference on Mineral Exploration. PDAC: 3-8
- Garcia, A. E. and Closs, L. G., 1995. Exploration of Au-bearing mafic rocks, Tomi gold deposit, Guasipati greenstone belt, Estado Bolivar, Venezuela. IX Congreso Lationo Americano de Geologic. Nov. 5-8, 1995. Caracus, Venezuela. Proceedings Papers available on computer disk from Organizing Committee.
- Glanzman, R. K. and Closs, L. G., 1993a. Multimedia exploration geochemistry using field portable x-ray fluorescence. in Integrated Methods in Exploration and Discovery Conference (Denver), Extended Abstracts: 38-39.
- Glanzman, R. K. and Closs, L. G., 1993b. Quality assurance and control guidelines for exploration and environmental geochemistry investigations. Explore 78: 1,6.
- Herrera, P. A., Closs, L. G. and Silberman, M. L., 1993. Alteration and geochemical zoning in Bodie Bluff, Bodie mining district, eastern California. J. Geochem. Explor. 48:259-275.
- Closs, L. G. and Nichol, I., 1989. Design and planning of geochemical programs. in Garland, G. D. (Ed.). Proceedings of Exploration 87. Ontario Geol. Surv. Spec. V. 3: 569-583.
- Nichol, I., Closs, L. G. and Lavin, O. P., 1989. Sample representativity with reference to gold exploration. in Garland, G. D. (Ed.). Proceedings of Exploration 87. Ontario Geol. Surv. Spec. V. 3:609-624.
- Association of Exploration Geochemists (AEG)
- Society of Economic Geologists (SEG)
- Denver Region Exploration Geologists Society (DREGS)
- American Institute of Professional Geologists (AIPG)
- Geological Association of Canada (GAC)