Research Assistant Professor, Geology and Geological Engineering
- Ph.D., Geology, University of Sydney, 2001
- B.Sc. (Hons.), Geology & Geophysics, University of Sydney, 1995
- Behavior of dateable accessory minerals in metamorphic, magmatic and hydrothermal environments.
- Application of accessory mineral trace element chemistry to mineral exploration.
- Petrology, geochronology and thermochronology of ore deposits.
- Metamorphosed and syn-metamorphic ore deposits.
- Evolution of high-grade terranes from Antarctica to Greenland.
- Antarctic geosciences.
- *Fithian, M.T., Holley, E.A., Kelly, N.M. (in press). Geology of the Marigold deposit, Battle Mountain District, Nevada. Economic Geology.
- Kelly, N.M., Metcalf, J.R., Flowers, R.M., Mojzsis, S.J. (2018). Late accretion to the Moon recorded in (U-Th)/He zircon thermochronometry. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 482, 222-235.
- Kohn, M.J. & Kelly, N.M. (2018). Petrology and geochronology of metamorphic zircon. In: Moser, D.E., Corfu, F., Darling, J.R., Reddy, S.M., Tait, K. (Eds), Microstructural Geochronology: Planetary Records Down to Atom Scale, Geophysical Monograph 232, John Wiley & Sons.
- Frieman, B.M., Kuiper, Y.D., Kelly, N.M., Monecke, T., Kylander-Clark, A. (2017). Constraints on the geodynamic evolution of the southern Superior Province: U-Pb LA-ICP-MS analysis of detrital zircon in successor basins of the Archean Abitibi and Pontiac subprovinces of Ontario and Quebec, Canada. Precambrian Research, 292, 398-416.
- Frieman, B.M., Kuiper, Y.D., Monecke, T., Kelly, N.M. (2017). Precambrian geology and new structural data, Kirkland Lake area, Ontario. Geological Survey of Canada Open File 8245, 8p. doi.org/10.4095/304206.
- Hokada, T., Harley, S.L., Dunkley, D.J., Kelly, N.M. & Yokoyama, K. (2016). Peak and post-peak development of UHT metamorphism at Mather Peninsula, Rauer Islands: Zircon and monazite U-Th-Pb and REE chemistry constraints. Journal of Mineralogical and Petrological Sciences, 111, 89-103.
- *Taylor, R.J.M., Harley, S.L., Hinton, R.H., Elphick, S., Clark, C., Kelly, N.M. (2015). Experimental determination of REE partition coefficients between zircon, garnet and melt: a key to understanding high-T crustal processes. Journal of Metamorphic Geology, 33, 231-248.
- *Taylor, R.D., Goldfarb, R.J., Moneke, T., Fletcher, I.R., Cosca, M.A., Kelly, N.M. (2015). Application of U-Th-Pb phosphate geochronology to young orogenic gold deposits: New age constraints on the formation of the Grass Valley gold district, Sierra Nevada Foothills province, California. Economic Geology, 110, 1313-1337.