- Ph.D. in Geology, December 1998, Göteborg University, Sweden
- Fil.Lic. in Geology, May 1996, Göteborg University, Sweden
- M.Sc. in Geology, June 1993, Tartu University, Estonia
- B.Sc. in Geology, 1993, Tartu University, Estonia
2006-Present Associate Professor Colorado School of Mines, USA
2005-2006 Swedish Research Council CAREER award Associate Professor at Göthenburg University, Sweden
2003-2004 Swedish Research Council CAREER award Research Assistant Professor at Göteborg University, Sweden
2002 fall Post-doctoral researcher sponsored by The Swedish Institute at Göteborg University, Sweden
2002 spring Post-doctoral researcher sponsored by the WOLF Consortium at Göteborg University, Sweden and University of Wyoming, USA
2001 fall Post-doctoral researcher sponsored by the Swedish Research Council at Göteborg University, Sweden
1999-2001 Post-doctoral researcher sponsored by the Swedish Foundation for International Cooperation and Higher Education at University of Wyoming, Laramie, USA
1995-1999 Visiting scholar at University of Wyoming, Laramie, USA
1995-1998 Visiting scholar at Statoil Research Centre, Trondheim, Norway
1993/1994 Visiting scholar at University of Göteborg, Sweden
1991-1993 Research assistant at Estonian Academy of Sciences, Tallinn, Estonia
- GEOL 501 Applied Stratigraphy
- GEOL 601 Outcrop-Core Stratigraphy
- GEOL 610 Advanced Sedimentology
- GEOL 314 Stratigraphy
To link lessons from the preserved sedimentary record with modern processes and experiments, with the aim to improve our ability to interpret the sedimentary record, and to integrate non-stationarity into geomorphologic and climate research.
- RioMAR Consortium – a co-operative CSM-UT Austin industrial research program on source to sink sediment transport and facies tracts
- Global analyses of river hydrology and floods, and their link to hydroclimate
- Discharge variability, sediment transport and signal propagation in modern and ancient rivers
- Modern and ancient fluvial fans, their sedimentary characteristics, scaling relationships and link to hydroclimate
- Basin floor fans: testing new hypothesis on channelization and flow regime
- Paleogene paleoclimate and climate thresholds
- Hydroclimate variability and thresholds
- Tectonic and sedimentologic history of Devonian Baltic Basin
*student first author
- *Ono, K., and Plink‐Björklund, P., 2017. Froude supercritical flow bedforms in deepwater slope channels? Field examples in conglomerates, sandstones and fine‐grained deposits. Sedimentology. DOI: 10.1111/sed.12396.
- Plink‐Björklund, P., 2017. Latitudinal Controls on River Systems: Implications of Precipitation Variability, in Latitudinal Controls on Stratigraphic Models and Sedimentary Concepts, Fraticelli (ed.). SEPM Special Publication 108. DOI: 108. 10.2110/sepmsp.108.05.
- *Laugier, J.J., Plink‐Björklund, P., 2016, Defining the shelf edge and the three‐dimensional shelf edge to slope facies variability in shelf‐edge deltas, Sedimentology 63 (5), 1280-1320. DOI: 10.1111/sed.12263
- Plink-Björklund, P., 2015, Morphodynamics of rivers strongly affected by monsoon precipitation: Depositional style and forcing factors, Invited review, Sedimentary Geology 323, 110-147. doi:10.1016/j.sedgeo.2015.04.004
- *Grundvåg, S.A., Johannessen, E.P., Helland-Hansen, W., and Plink-Bjorklund, P., 2014 Depositional architecture and evolution of stacked 1 basin-floor fans in the Eocene Central Basin of Spitsbergen, Sedimentology, 61, 535–569.
- Plink-Björklund, P., Birgeneier, L., Jones, E., 2014. Extremely bad early Eocene weather: evidence for extreme precipitation from river deposits. CBEP Climatic and Biotic Events of the Paleogene 2014, Ferrara. http://dx.doi.org/10.3301/ROL.2014.107öö.
- *Al-Ramadan, K., Morad, S. and Plink-Björklund, P., 2013, Distribution of diagenetic alterations in relationship to depositional facies and sequence stratigraphy of wave- and tide-dominated siliciclastic shoreline complex: Upper Cretaceous Chimney Rock Sandstones, Wyoming and Utah, USA. In M. Ketzer and S. Morad (editors), Linking Diagenesis to Sequence Stratigraphy of Sedimentary Rocks. IAS Special Publication 45, Blackwell Science, 271-296.
- *Mansurbeg, H., Morad, S., Plink-Björklund, P. and El-ghali, M., 2013, Diagenetic alterations related to falling stage and lowstand systems tracts of shelf, slope and basin floor sandstones (Eocene Central Basin, Spitsbergen). In M. Ketzer and S. Morad (editors), Linking Diagenesis to Sequence Stratigraphy of Sedimentary Rocks. IAS Special Publication 45, Blackwell Science, 353-378.
- *McDowell, B., and Plink-Bjorklund, P., 2013, Reservoir Geometries and Facies Associations of Fluvial Tight-Gas Sands, Williams Fork Formation, Rifle Gap, Colorado, Society of Petroleum Engineers Journal, doi:10.1190/URTEC2013-261
- *Schmandt, D., Broughton, D., Hitzman, M.W., Plink-Bjorklund, P., Edwards, D., and Humphrey, J., 2013, The Kamoa Copper Deposit, Democratic Republic of Congo: Stratigraphy, Diagenetic and Hydrothermal Alteration, and Mineralization, Economic Geology, 108, 1301-1324, doi:10.2113/econgeo.108.6.1301
- Plink-Bjorklund, P., 2012, Effects of tides on deltaic deposition: Causes and responses, Sedimentary Geology, Vol. 279, 107-133. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sedgeo.2011.07.006
- Buatois, L., Santiago, N., Herrera, M., Plink-Björklund, P., Steel, R., Espin, M., and Parra, K., 2012, Sedimentological and ichnological signatures of changes in wave, river, and tidal influence along a Neogene tropical deltaic shoreline, eastern Venezuela, Sedimentology, Vol 59, 1568-1612. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-3091.2011.01317.x
- Steel, R., Plink-Bjorklund, P., Aschoff, J., 2012, Tidal deposits of the Western Interior Seaway, Wyoming, Utah and Colorado, USA, R.A. Davis, Jr. and R.W. Dalrymple (eds.), Principles of Tidal Sedimentology, 437 DOI 10.1007/978-94- 007-0123- 6_17