Research Assistant Professor, Geology and Geological Engineering
- Ph.D., Sedimentary Geology, Stanford University, 2015
- B.S., Geology, Allegheny College, 2010
- Sedimentary Geology
- Basin Analysis
- Detrital Geochronology
- Paleoclimate Studies
- Schwartz, TM, Methner, K, Mulch, A, Graham, SA, & Chamberlain, CP (in review) Paleogene topographic and climatic evolution of the Northern Rocky Mountains from integrated sedimentary and isotopic data. Submitted to GSA Bulletin.
- Sickmann, ZT, Schwartz, TM, & Graham, SA (2018) Refining stratigraphy and tectonic history using detrital zircon maximum depositional age: an example from the Cerro Fortaleza Formation, Austral Basin, southern Patagonia. Basin Research, doi: 10.1111/bre.12272
- Schwartz, TM and Graham, SA (2017) Depositional history and provenance of Paleogene strata in the Sage Creek basin, southwestern Montana. Geosphere, vol. 13, no. 4, doi: 10.1130/GES01450.1
- Sharman, GR, Schwartz, TM, Shumaker, LE, Trigg, C, Nieminski, N, Sickmann, Z, Malkowski, MA, Hourigan, JK, Schulein, BJ, and Graham, SA (2017) Submarine mass-failure within the shelfal-deltaic Domengine Formation (Eocene), California. Geosphere, vol. 13, no. 3, doi: 10.1130/GES01442.1
- Malkowski, MA, Schwartz, TM, Sharman, GR, Sickmann, Z, and Graham, SA (2017) Stratigraphic and provenance variations in the early evolution of the Magallanes-Austral foreland basin: implications for the role of longitudinal vs. transverse sediment dispersal during oblique arc-continent collision. GSA Bulletin, vol. 129, doi: 10.1130/B31549.1
- Schwartz, TM, Fosdick, JC, and Graham, SA (2016) Using detrital zircon U-Pb ages to calculate Late Cretaceous sedimentation rates in the Magallanes-Austral Basin, Patagonia. Basin Research, vol. 29, doi: 10.1111/bre.12198
- Schwartz, TM and Graham, SA (2015) Stratigraphic architecture of a tide-influenced shelf-edge delta, Upper Cretaceous Dorotea Formation, Magallanes-Austral Basin, Patagonia. Sedimentology, vol. 62, doi: 10.1111/sed/12176
- Schwartz, TM and Schwartz, RK (2013) Paleogene post-compressional intermontane basin evolution along the frontal Cordilleran fold-and-thrust belt of southwestern Montana. GSA Bulletin, vol. 125, doi: 10.1130/B30766.1
- Schwartz, TM (2017) Allegheny College 2017 Spring Field Seminar: Geology of the Death Valley Region, California and Nevada. Allegheny College Field Seminar Guidebook, 85 p.
- Malkowski, MA, Schwartz, TM, and Sickmann, Z (2015) Jurassic-Cretaceous Stratigraphic Evolution of the Magallanes-Austral Deep-Water Foreland Basin, Argentine Patagonia. Stanford Project of Deep- Water Depositional Systems Guidebook, 64 p.
- Schwartz, TM (2015) Mesozoic Foreland Basin System of Utah and Colorado. Stanford University Sedimentary Research Group Guidebook, 106 p.
- Schwartz, TM, Malkowski, MA, and Shumaker, LE (2014) Convergent Margins: From Sierra to Sea.
- Stanford University Sedimentary Research Group Guidebook, 42 p.
- Schwartz, TM (2012) Tidal Depositional Systems, in Lowe, DR, ed., Sedimentary Environments and Depositional Systems in the Death Valley Area, California. Stanford University Sedimentary Research Group Guidebook, p. 86-88.